Weekly Homework - this is a regular expectation of activities for year 6
- Do the 'Mathletics' activities which have been set. Every week there will be three activities plus any that have not been completed. Please let us know if there is any reason why you can not complete your Mathletics activities.
- Write out the spellings, word class and definition and learn them. See the spelling page.
- Do the grammar practice sheet. This will be a paper copy in books. You are expected to use the Internet to look up anything you do not know.
- **NEW** Do at least one reading activity on ReadTheory. You may do as many of these as you like, at any time, to build up your reading stamina.
- See below for any extra activities or reminders set on a weekly basis.
Don't forget homework is always due in on the Monday morning after it has been set, unless stated otherwise!
You should also do all homework straight into your homework book, unless we specifically ask you to do it somewhere else.
The link to the 'Mathletics' site is here.
7th December - Reading homework
- Write a review of a book you have read this term. Include an introductory paragraph that outlines the story without giving away the ending and another paragraph explaining what type of genre the book is; why you liked it and who you would recommend it to. Be ready to share this review with the class on Monday.
- Look at your reading list at the back of your homework book - is it up to date with all the books you have read? Please ensure you are recording your reading books. Remember to read aloud to an adult this weekend and discuss your book with them.