Science at Coten End
The national curriculum for science aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Access the primary science curriculum on the tab above to see the content which is taught in each year group.
At Coten End we aim to ensure that:
- Children develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena.
- Children develop an understanding of the processes and methods of science through different types of enquiry.
- Our curriculum is progressive from EYFS to Year 6. Key learning is revisited to ensure children develop a secure understanding of each block of knowledge.
- Our curriculum is embellished with opportunities for children to increase their science capital and make links with other subjects.
- Children are exposed to rich vocabulary.
- Children are assessed in science in accordance with the science policy.
Check out our science blog written by our science ambassadors to find out what we have been doing in science at Coten End.
If you think you can help with the teaching of science at Coten End in any way please contact Miss Rawlins or email the office. Thank you!
Year 5 Teacher
Updated: November 2019